Saturday, July 21, 2012

Zakka Patchwork Ribbon

Yep! It's true -- Zakka style ribbon!  This little project is a great way to use up fabric scraps, AND have some interesting ribbon to use.






 I forgot to take pictures along the way, but to make this I sewed together a small patchwork using 12 squares.  After cutting 2 1/2 inch strips on a bias, I sewed them together into a long strip.  Then as the instructions in the book suggested, I folded the strip wrong sides together and stitched along the edges.  How simple can it get?  Others in the sew along have added great creativity to theirs.  For mine, I just decided to keep it simple and quick.  As always, I am posting at LRStitched.  By the way, if you click on this link, you will see my little elephant bookmark was one of the featured projects! That is just too fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet fabric for ribbon, pretty as a package! Nice to have your elephant featured. Happy Quilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy ribbon is really wonderful. It will make a gift all the more special!
    Linda F.

    ReplyDelete