Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Pink Clutch

Hooray for Snow Days and Pink Clutches!  It's finished, and I am so pleased with how it turned out.  Now all I need is somewhere to go.  Somehow taking a pink clutch to the thrift store just doesn't do it! :)  And, yes, for all of you who may be gasping, I DO have more of a life than the thrift store!  Here it is, step by step, and I only had to use the seam ripper twice!

This really is not step 1, as you can see, but I first sewed the basic bag w/ strap, and then the lining with pocket.  


Wow! That's one bright snap!! I used magnetic closures.  They are great, and easy to use.

Next step was to sew the flap.

In case you can't tell, that is a chopstick.  They are great for pushing out corners!

Here is the flap, ready to be sewn in.

Oh boy, this was a bit bulky to sew in, but... it worked!  

The inside lining with pocket.

And ... drum roll, please ... the finished product!  

The front

The side

The back

And those cute little boxed corners! :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine--even with pictures--how you did this. Simply astounding, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And a perfect use for that fabric.

    ReplyDelete