Saturday, January 22, 2011

A new project


I saw this fabric at, guess where? -- Yes, my favorite thrift store.  It's a decorator fabric, probably left over from someone's recovering a chair project or some such thing.  Anyway, I was drawn to it -- felt it, looked at it, and figured it might make a cute, and somewhat elegant clutch.  After all, there are times you need something just a little elegant, right?  Back to the fabric -- it was 35 cents!!  I love it.  Especially when I see written in marker on the edge of the fabric the original price of $18.99 a yard!  I found a pattern on SewMamaSew.com (one of my favorite crafting sites) for something called Simple Party Clutch, and thought it might just fit the bill.  My task today is to find the perfect lining for this little clutch.  Don't you just love the sound of that word -- clutch.  We could say purse, or bag, but no, this is a clutch!  This is where I'm at so far ...

I'll keep you posted on the progress.  I'm really not sure if I would use a pink clutch, but I guess we'll see how it turns out.  I'm also doing a little swap with my niece -- an apron for a zippered clutch.  She's making the apron, and I'm doing the zippered clutch.  There will be more on that later.  It's good to have projects during these winter months!

Have a great Saturday!

1 comment: