Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day!



I really don't know who likes snow days more -- teachers or students! The unexpected treat of a day off is pure joy. Today I spent most of my day at the sewing machine. I have had several Christmas sewing projects going this year, and am down to the last one. One of the more challenging ones was to make this purse for a dear aunt (who LOVES horses). She has a cloth purse she has used for a number of years. Last year when I was making a purse for myself she advised me on the fabric placements and mentioned that she preferred purses with zippers and a smaller size. The one I made for myself did not have a zipper, and is quite large. But, she liked that pattern, and commented on how "handsome" it was. So this Christmas -- when I was trying to think of what to give the aunt who has whatever she wants -- I thought of the purse. I found the perfect horse fabric in blue (her favorite color) and made it a smaller size. The tricky part on this was to add a zipper. I'm not too sure I'm happy with my solution, but I managed to create a zipper closure. The finished product actually looks nicer than the photo, but here it is -- a horse purse for our horse collector aunt!
Oh...the word is already out that tomorrow is another SNOW DAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment