Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie-- Mmm, Mmm Good!

Tonight I decided to try out a recipe from my new cookbook from my kids-- "The Pioneer Woman Cooks".  This is a great book -- much more than just a cookbook.  I enjoy Ree's style of writing, and all the beautiful pictures she includes in the book.  Anyway, I followed her recipe exactly (well, except that I didn't have any white wine to put in it), (oh, yeah, AND I forgot to add the seasonings -- major mistake -- I was just so excited to get it in the oven), but besides that -- even without the salt, pepper, and thyme included before baking -- it was delicious! My husband is not a huge fan of thyme, and he always adds his own salt, so I don't think he even noticed.  His comment was, "delicious!"  Ree's pie crust -- called "Perfect Pie Crust" -- really was perfect.  It was light, flakey, and so, so, good.  I had my doubts as I was mixing it because it seemed too wet to me, but sure enough, it rolled out beautifully and WAS perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I left my copy in the camp trailer in Sandpoint when we put it away for the winter. Am definitely missing it! But it will be like a fresh new present again in the spring :-).

    ReplyDelete