Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I was going to...

I was going to work out in the gardens today, but a steady rain is falling.  (Yipee -- I don't need to water!) Because it's raining, I thought about going to school to get ready for summer school, but the dreary day makes me want to stay in and sip tea and get into a good book.  When I started looking for a good book, I came across a quilting magazine and found a pretty quilt.  I thought about beginning to cut out the pieces for the quilt because yesterday I found this...
A quilt frame found at my local thrift store.  I'm so excited!!
... but then I saw a magazine picture of a painted pillow.  I made this yesterday ...
First try at painting on fabric.  Needs a lot of work! :)

... and thought perhaps this would do fine for a porch rocker pillow??  My thinking on these early days of summer remind me of the book, "If you give a mouse a cookie"!  I seem to go from one thing to the next never quite settling into something. Each year at the beginning of summer break from school I realize how ordered my life is around a schedule.  It happens every summer, and this summer is no different -- by about Friday morning, I'll be relaxing, not worrying about a lack of schedule and then -- Monday morning -- SUMMER SCHOOL begins! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment