Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Aren't they darling?

Zakka #12 -- Happy Couple Hand Warmers.  I like to think of them as "Candy Striper" helpers.  While I really don't see myself putting these in my coat pocket to keep hands warm, I can imagine them as  useful "boo-boo" heat pads in my school clinic!  And, so, Nurse "L", I'm giving these to you to help for all the many times I send little ones your way for you to "fix" whatever ails them!  


Inside each cover is a rice-filled bag ready to be heated in the microwave.

"The girl" -- I had not embroidered for quite some time, so this one was my "practice" one.

"The boy"
This project comes from the Zakka Style book by Rashida Coleman-Hale.  I am posting my project on the project linkup here.  This sew-along has been fun to participate in, and we are now at the half way point with 12 more projects to go.  There is only one I have not done (Week 2 -- The House Pouch), and I'm thinking I'll need to go ahead and make that one as well.  Just to know I've made them all!

3 comments:

  1. Perfection! Those hand warmers are too cute. I'm loving this sew along too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute, and that's a great idea to use them as boo-boo helpers. Wow...you've only missed one project so far!!!!! I tip my hat to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...12 down and 12 to go and it is stretching us all. You embroidery skills are pretty good after a hiatus.

    ReplyDelete