Sunday, June 16, 2013

Project #2- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Towels

Have you ever worked on a project and ALMOST had it finished, but run out of steam?
That's how I felt this evening ... working to get my project for the week finished by the 11:30 p.m. deadline for submission.  This week's project was to make 3 towels -- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.  The Dinner towel is finished and submitted to the Patchwork, Please! sew-along link page.
Whew!  I made the deadline!  One complete towel did the trick.  The other two towels are ready for the binding, which takes a bit of time to make and sew on.  I love the end product, though, and will finish them off soon!
 One of the things I enjoy about sew-alongs is that they give an opportunity to learn new skills, or perfect ones already learned.
 For me, it was to practice the skill of applique!  This is the first time I've appliqued letters and words, and I must say, it took some slow sewing, and careful turning of fabric!
It took a while, but I'm pleased with the results.  Hey-- is it time for dinner yet??  I'm getting hungry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment