Sunday, August 26, 2012

Zakka Picture Frame

When I first looked through the Zakka Style Sewing book, I was not particularly drawn to this project.  I was tempted not to make it, but as I've kept up with all the others, I just couldn't let it pass without giving it a try.  And, as it turns out -- I kind of like it!
The Zakka frame uses linen on the side pieces and the backing.

The book instructions for the frame suggested piecing different fabrics to make a patchwork strip.  I preferred something a bit different this time.  This frame will hold a family picture of some kind, but for here I've put in a picture of the beautiful mountains!

No, I will not be putting a picture in the wreath on the door! :)  But I do like the way the berries frame the frame!
This was the first week with students back at school, so I'm glad the Zakka project was a quick and easy one.  For my Zakka friends -- I did put this together the "easy" way by using spray glue, rather than doing the ladder stitch on the back to secure the fabric.  I think the adhesive gave it a smoother look, which I am pleased with.  I'm posting at LRStitched and would love to be drawn for the prize this week (as I'm sure about 25 or 30 others would!)  It's a $75 gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop!  Sounds like a fun give-away.

No comments:

Post a Comment