Monday, March 5, 2012

Help! I'm stuck...

A surprise snow day has made for a delightful day -- a chance to tidy up the house, to finish reading a book, to do a bit of laundry, and try to finish a little sewing project.  The problem is that I'm stuck.  No, not stuck in snow! I saw the cutest simple, reversible, little girl dresses the other day at a fair trade store, and as I usually do, thought to myself how easy it would be to make.  I have no little girls to sew for, but if this works I'll find someone to try it out on!  I made the pattern myself, and thought I could figure out this "simple" dress, but it has gotten the best of me.  For the second time I am going to need to take the dress apart and try again!  Here it is so far.
I thought I was so smart and -- at my second attempt -- had finally figured out how to do this ....
Here's side 1.  Looks good from here.

Side 2 -- Ok, so what's the problem?

Opps!  How did this happen?  These sides were supposed to be together!  And I need to figure out how to get the shoulders together as well.  
 Now it's off to trial #3.  My seam ripper is close at hand, and I'm ready to go.  Maybe this time I'll get it! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. You're going to be totally ready for grandbabies when they come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss seeing you....am wondering how this project ended up?!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete