Monday, January 26, 2015

Working with leather...




Today's post is the second installment of 2014 Christmas gift sewing.  A Christmas idea came my way for a handmade tool holder/bag.  Girls are easy to sew for, but for guys it gets a bit tricky.  When this idea came, I jumped on it right away.  My local fabric store has a great selection of leather remnants.  The piece I wanted was huge (uh... yes, cows are big!) and they kindly cut it down to the size I needed.  Here is the finished project...


My first all-leather project was a tool holder.  Leather takes a bit of practice to work with.  I used my regular sewing machine and a needle designed for sewing with leather, but it can be tough going!    
There is something great about leather, though!  The smell, the feel -- I just love it.
The pattern for this is a "one of a kind."  I had some outer dimensions to work with and just went from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment