Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Snow Day posting... The City Slicker bag

It has been two months since my last posting on this blog!  2014 sewing for me was definitely on a slower pace.  In 2013 I completed 70 projects and posted about most of them, whereas in 2014 only 42 projects were completed.  I say "only," but really, 42 sewing projects while teaching full-time is nothing to sneeze at! So -- on to some of those projects that never made it to a blog post.  My sewing goal for this year (...just so I remember!) is to sew at least 52 projects, use fabric from my stash and stockpile a few small items for ready gifts.

The City Slicker bag has been my most challenging bag project ever.  It really was not super difficult, but more time consuming than I anticipated.  Of course, the fact that I gave myself about 2 weeks to work on it before Christmas (yep, it was a Christmas gift) didn't help.  It was, however, a challenge well worthwhile!  I love how the bag turned out, and the recipient -- a horse lover for many years -- was delighted!

Project Resources:
Pattern:  The City Slicker - Intermediate
 Band of Horses Collage
 Kauffman Essex Wide Line linen
Zippers, lining, hardware, foam, interfacing were all bought at local quilt shops

Roomy front pocket has a magnet snap closure.

Back slip pocket -- I love using Kauffman Essex linen.  I would be completely happy with a bolt of this on hand to work with! :)

A harp comes in handy for purse photography! 

My first time to use a purse zipper with double pulls.  I added a bit of leather strips to pulls.

Inside slip pockets on both sides.  One of them was supposed to be a zipper pocket, but in the interest of time I opted for the easier method.

No comments:

Post a Comment