Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Zakka 2.0 Books-for-Baby Quilt

This week's Zakka project is a baby quilt.   I loved the book theme of the quilt, but simply did not have time right now to piece 16 blocks.  Pictured below is my version -- the "Learn to Read, Read to Learn" wall hanging.
 Reading instruction is an essential part of my teaching -- both teaching students to read, and at the same time teaching them how to learn from their reading.  It is an exciting process!
 This book wall hanging will join my other quilted pieces in my classroom.  After some difficulty with the apron paper piecing pattern, I was a bit hesitant to try this one.  The open book portion gave me a bit of trouble on the first few (and sadly meant pulling out that seam ripper!), but by the third one I was getting it.  I'm pleased with the results, and am excited to hang this in my classroom.



I love the backing on this.  I've been holding on to it to make a tote, but it just seemed perfect for this project.  I think I still have enough for that tote, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment