Sunday, July 14, 2013

Yum-Yum Apple Bib

Patchwork, Please! Sew-a-long Project No. 6
The first project in the "For Kids" section of the book is a bib.  Not having a use for a bib at this time, I almost passed over the project.  My desire to try every project in this book, however, got the best of me ... and so I now have a "Yum-Yum Apple Bib"!  The project went together quickly, though I did make a few changes in order to use items I had on hand.
 I'm not sure why I was drawn to pink, but decided to use this very cute Riley Blake fabric I had on hand.  I paired it with a pink linen and pink pin stripe, also from my stash.
 Rather than pin the apple template as the book suggested, I traced it only freezer paper and ironed it to the front panel.  This made it very simple to sew around the edges to hold the quilted pieces together.  I added a layer of batting to give the bib a bit of extra thickness.  For others participating in the sew-along you may notice I made my ties a bit different from the pattern.  I only did this because I did not have enough of the wider bias tape to follow through with the ties as well!  I love finding ways to "make do" with what I have -- especially when waiting (as usual) to the last minute to finish up a project! :)

Stayed tuned for next week's project -- Dino-Mite Hat!  Another project for little ones!
Check out my bib and others here on Lindsay's blog link.

No comments:

Post a Comment