Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A finished apron...

My 5th Cindy Apron is finished and ready to be mailed.  The special young lady this apron goes to is a fellow "apron wearer!"  I love it!!  To me, and maybe to her as well, an apron is a thing of practicality (for those of us who perhaps are not the neatest cooks in the world), a thing of comfort (it just feels so good to be wearing an apron!), and a thing of beauty.  Really -- wearing a pretty apron makes one feel like they can cook AND be somewhat organized!  Let's check that theory out ... I look down, and, yes,  I am wearing an apron even as I write this blog.  Hmmm...do I feel organized and as if I'm accomplishing something?  Well, yes, I think I do.  I could be "resting my eyes" in front of the TV after a long day, but...not yet.  Am I more inclined to wash the dinner dishes wearing this apron?  Probably, but that one does not always pan out.  ;) Did I cook tonight?  I'll have to answer half way on that one -- I did make something to go with baked chicken from the grocery deli.  The apron certainly came in handy when it was time to remove the chicken from the packaging and put it in the oven to keep warm, though!   Whatever the case may be, I'll always be an apron wearer at home -- enjoying the practicality, the comfort, and the beauty!



1 comment: