Sunday, February 10, 2013

Susannah


..."Oh, Susannah, oh won't you come for me..."  I can't help but sing that song when I see the name of February's block for the Sister's Ten Block of the Month (BOM) club. My Susannah block is made with Ravenna, a beautiful collection of fabric by Dear Stella.  When I saw this fabric I immediately knew this is what I wanted to use for the Sister's Ten quilt.  I had already started it in pinks and mauves, using fabrics I had on hand, but decided I'd rather like to make one using this lovely fabric.  Maybe two quilts will emerge from this project -- one pink, and one blue -- or maybe I'll make a pillow out of the pink block, and just do one quilt!  You know the old saying, "Time will tell!"  This will be a year-long project, so I'm going to try and figure out how to set up a separate page just for this quilt-along.  Check out genxquilters to see the tutorial for the Susannah block.
Susannah -- February blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment