Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Zakka Style Week 4

Zakka, according to my Japanese dictionary means miscellaneous (sundry) goods.  From what I understand, in the crafting world it has taken on the meaning of simple, useful handmade items.  I am really enjoying the Zakka Style sew-along.  The project for this week was a sewing kit.  I used a linen for the outside of mine, and lined it with an Amy Butler fabric.  The trim on the pockets, as well as the patch on the pin cushion is a Joel Dewberry fabric.  The designer of this project suggested using leather ties, but I didn't have any so decided to use twill tape embellished with a few beads from a broken necklace I had. This was a very easy project, and "sew" fun to make!

Opps!  I forgot to "erase" a few chalk lines mistakenly drawn on one pocket.

..."Gentle thoughts to thee from me"...

I'm all set for a take-and-go sewing project.  What shall I take, and where shall I go?

I am sharing this project at http://www.inlinkz.com/wpview.php?id=147834.

2 comments: