Monday, September 19, 2011

Another pair...

This week I tested another pattern for http://ithinksew.com/.  The pattern is called Radella Moccasins, and was easy to follow. I've been wearing my first pair almost every evening, (I'm surprised -- I don't usually wear slippers) and will see how I like these new ones.   How many room shoes does a girl need?  If I get more shoe patterns to try I might need some shoe sizes from volunteers to wear them! :) (hint, hint)...
Sewing the shoe body to sole lining.

Going around the toe curve is the trickiest part of the project -- to keep the fabric smooth, without tucks.

Opps -- pictures out of order.  Cutting the fabric.

Half way there!

Paper clips come in handy for holding the leather sole in place.

Ready to attach the shoe top piece with a blanket stitch.

This is my very unorganized stash of embroidery thread.  I used a cream color to add the blanket stitch on the shoe top.

Here they are!  

Leather soles are great for hardwood floors.



Ahh... time to get those feet comfy!  

I can't get comfy for too long, though.  It's Monday morning.  Time to get that coffee on and get ready for school.  A whole new day of challenges awaits!
Have a great one!
Cary

3 comments:

  1. I love your slippers! I can't find my slippers right now and our floors are cold so I'm looking at yours longingly. Great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look nice and comfortable Cary, and a delight to the eye.

    ReplyDelete