Monday, July 18, 2011

Sewing Machine Cover is finished!

The sewing machine cover is finally finished!  The quilting has been finished for some time, but I had a few other things that took my attention away from the sewing machine.  So -- finally -- last night I finished off the ties to pull the sides together.  I'm very pleased with the way it came out.  It is the first quilting project I've done without a pattern in mind before starting.  It was fun to see how it came out in the end!  Today is my first day off after summer school, which means I have almost four weeks to enjoy a slower pace of life. I'm hoping to get some sewing time in amidst the job of making pickles, jellies, canning tomatoes, freezing peppers, gardening, visiting, and all the other great things that happen this time of year.

Just for fun I made the ties out of two different fabrics.

The back of the cover.  I quilted on white, following the same basic pattern of quilting used on the front.

New Amy Butler fabrics just waiting for a project.  Hmmm...

A Joel Dewberry fabric.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the 1/4 yard yet, but something will come.  This is the first time I've used his fabric.  I love the birds!
I'm linking today to MadeByYouMonday.jpg

1 comment:

  1. That bird fabric might look good in our living room, hmmm