Monday, August 30, 2010

Garden Time






One day last spring, my husband and I decided to join his sister's family in doing a garden together. It's been years since we've tended a big garden, and it was kind of a spur of the moment thing. One Sunday afternoon we were all sitting together drinking coffee, and here it comes -- "Let's do a garden together this year. It would be such fun!" This weekend I continued to reap some of the rewards of that fun garden impulse. And it truly has been fun -- despite the weeds, rabbits eating off the first batch of beans, insect bites, and HOT summer days. My pictures are of the tomato processing. It's showing the process backwards, but I haven't quite figured out how to get the pictures to go where I want them to yet. :) On the last batch I added a basil leaf to each jar for added flavor. Oh, so tasty!


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I had hoped to do some similiar stuff with a friend of mine, but alas, the frost killed off my tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete