Tuesday, June 12, 2018

It's been a L-O-N-G time!

When I hit post #200 it seemed like a good time to stop for awhile!  But now, the "bug" to journal -- and to sew -- is hitting once again.  When I look back at the past 10 years sewing, I'm kind of amazed at myself. How in the world did I do as much sewing as I did while working as a full-time teacher?

This past year had several bumps in the road for me, but I did manage to complete a wedding quilt for my son and daughter-in-law.
An this, my friends, will turn in to a quilt!
 After seeing an inspiration quilt by Noodle-head.com, I collected an assortment of fabrics that would give a similar look.  This quilt is named Vast and is from Patchwork Essentials by Jeni Baker.  I changed it a bit to make a larger quilt.

Playing with blocks has always been a favorite part of the quilt-making process for me.

Love these fabrics!

Opps... Need a few more blocks.
Last summer's trip to the beach turned out to be a great place to sew the top together.


My mom gave me this great PVC pipe quilting frame she was no longer using.  It worked great -- so easy to move the quilt and put it away if I needed the house to look uncluttered. ;)

 After many hours of hand quilting, it's out of the frame and ready to bind.
The finished quilt.  May it bring warmth and comfort to these newly weds!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt Cary! The only significant quilt I've made in the last 18 months was a queen size quilt for my son and his wife - newly weds. However I did not hand quilt it! Both will be quilts treasured for many years.

    ReplyDelete