Monday, July 21, 2014

Glass Mushrooms!

In my garden there are glass mushrooms.  If I am not careful they will be sprouting up everywhere!  The idea of reusing, remaking, recycling has always intrigued me.  While an object was made with a specific purpose in mind, I love to find new and sometimes unexpected uses for the same object.  Enter -- the glass mushrooms!


These little cuties were inspired by my sister-in-law.  She hosted a party recently and in her garden were tucked "mushrooms" similar to these.  At the base she had a "lit" battery operated votive candle. It was so pretty!  Since then I've been looking at the glassware in thrift stores in a whole different light.  And what do you know?? With a little glass adhesive and pretty glass, we have have mushrooms!  What is sprouting in your garden?




No comments:

Post a Comment